I’ve made several trips to Whole Foods over the last few weeks to meet friends for lunch and dinner. I have fallen in love with their vegan options, especially their Tofu Egg Salad. I’ve been telling friends, “If only I could replicate this vegan egg salad…” Unfortunately, it would appear that Whole Foods keeps their recipes under strict lock and key.
That didn’t stop me; I was determined to make this tofu deliciousness from scratch. I researched some ingredients, and after several variations, I seem to have created a formula that I absolutely love. This recipe calls for all vegan ingredients. If you have meat-eaters in the house, don’t worry; they’ll love this recipe as well. They may not even realize that this vegan egg salad recipe is egg-less. It’s actually very simple and should take you no longer than 10–15 minutes to prepare.
- 1 Box Organic Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Vegenaise Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Stalks of Celery (finely diced)
- ¼ cup Green Onions (finely diced)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tsp Paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 3 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Dice up the celery,green onions, and garlic very fine.
- Remove the tofu from its packaging and blot it with a paper towel until most of the moisture has been removed
- In a mixing bowl, mash the firm tofu with a fork until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the tofu, mixing well.
- The Finished product will look something like this:
How easy was that? Now just spread it on some of your favorite bread (mine is Trader Joe’s California Style Sprouted Wheat) with lettuce, tomato, or whatever else you like. I even like to dress it up with kale in place of lettuce to add more healthy nutritiousness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 15gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g
We hope you enjoyed this vegan egg salad sandwich recipe. We encourage you to check out more of our sandwiches in our sandwich section.