- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 can diced tomatoes (OR 2 large fresh tomatoes diced)
- 2 cans black beans, drained (OR 3 cups cooked fresh black beans)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh pinto beans)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh kidney beans)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained (OR 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kennels
- 3 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and mix thoroughly. Cook on low for at least four hours, stirring occasionally (every hour or so).
Alternatively, if you don’t have a crock pot and you have an hour or so to watch the pot, you can sauté the vegetables and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
Testimonial: “Had this for dinner and my husband and my boys ate it up! My husband loves meat, but said that he didn’t even miss it while eating this! Thanks for the great recipe!” Plant Based on a Budget provides easy and inexpensive recipes, teaching you how to incorporate a healthy diet into your life without breaking the bank. Visit them on Facebook or check out their site today for more great recipes!