This vegan broccoli cheese soup is a variation of Vitamix’s recipe that they have in their recipe book. Only this recipe contains no milk or cheese, making it a tasty choice for vegans looking to warm up on a cool day. Broccoli is filled with nutritional goodness too. It includes vitamin A (mostly beta-carotene), C, folic acid, calcium, and fiber. Vitamin C and beta-carotene are important antioxidants which have been shown to reduce your chance of cataracts, heart disease, and certain cancers.
This recipe also calls for nutritional yeast which is a deactivated yeast with a cheesy taste. Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of animal-free vitamin B12 (necessary for nervous system health), folic acid, and a number of other minerals. And if the nutritional quality of this soup doesn’t grab your attention, the taste will!
- Time: 10 minutes
- Program: Hot Soups
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unflavored & unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cup fresh broccoli
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp diced onion
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Soups program. [If you are using the 5200 series blender, simply work your way to high setting and leave there for approximately 4-5 minutes or until soup is hot]
- Press Start.
- Wait for cycle to finish.
- Pour and enjoy!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. Please take a moment to look at our other Vitamix recipes. Feel free to share this recipe with your friends and family by using the social buttons below!