I’ve made several trips to Whole Foods over the last few weeks to meet friends for lunch and dinner. I have fallen in love with their vegan options, especially their Tofu Egg Salad. I’ve been telling friends, “If only I could replicate this egg salad…” Unfortunately, it would appear that Whole Foods keeps their recipes under strict lock and key. That didn’t stop me; I was determined to make this tofu deliciousness from scratch. I researched some ingredients, and after several variations, I seem to have created a formula that I absolutely love. This recipe calls for all vegan ingredients. If you have meat-eaters in the house, don’t worry; they’ll love this recipe as well. They may not even realize that it is egg-less. It’s actually very simple and should take you no longer than 10–15 minutes to prepare.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
|Be sure to use organic non-GMO tofu|
- 1 Box Organic Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Vegenaise Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Stalks of Celery (finely diced)
|Found this great stuff at Whole Foods|
- ¼ cup Green Onions (finely diced)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tsp Paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 3 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
1. Dice up the celery,green onions, and garlic very fine.
2. Remove the tofu from its packaging and blot it with a paper towel until most of the moisture has been removed.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash the firm tofu with a fork until you reach your desired consistency.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the tofu, mixing well.
How easy was that? Now just spread it on some of your favorite bread (mine is Trader Joe’s California Style Sprouted Wheat) with lettuce, tomato, or whatever else you like. I even like to dress it up with kale in place of lettuce to add more healthy nutritiousness.
What would you add to this recipe? Let me know in the comment section below! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy this egg salad! Be sure to share it with your friends and family 🙂