Preparation: 10 minutes Program: Hot Soups
Cook Time 30 minutes Yield: 6 cups
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 cups soy milk (organic, unsweetened, unflavored)
- 1 medium Portobello mushroom
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 slice white onion
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (1 tsp dried)
1. Cut up the potatoes into small chunks and boil (or bake) them until tender all the way through. Boiling should take around 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes when done.
2. Sauté the onion, mushroom, and ginger in a small skillet. I like to use water in place of oil for this step.
3. Put the potatoes, onion, mushroom, ginger, and remaining ingredients (minus the green onion) into the Vitamix.
4. Select Hot Soups program. [If you are using the 5200 series blender, slowly work your way up to high and leave there for 5 minutes]
5. Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Top your Mushroom Potato Soup with diced green onion for a professional look.
I hope that you enjoy this Mushroom Potato Soup Recipe. You can find more Vitamix recipes here. If you haven’t already done yourself the favor and purchased a Vitamix blender, I encourage you to do so. Vitamix blenders make healthy cooking easier and faster and require minimal clean-up. To learn more about Vitamix, click here.
With my affiliate code 06-008570 you will receive free shipping on your order of a Vitamix 5200 series blender. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me using the “Contact” tab at the top of the page or by emailing me at email@example.com