2 cups chopped carrots
¼ small onion (1 ounce), peeled, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
2 Tablespoons EVOO
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
1/3 cup refrigerated tofu
2 cups vegetable broth
1. Heat oil in a small pan and sauté carrots, onion, and garlic over medium heat until onion is clear and carrots are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add a little broth, if needed. Place into the Vitamix container.
2. Place salt, white pepper, ginger, tofu, and chicken broth in the order listed into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
3. Select Hot Soups program.
4. Press Start.
5. Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
[If you are using the 5200 series, simply work your way up to high setting and leave there for 5 minutes]
6. Garnish with some fresh peeled carrot and cracked black pepper for a professional touch!
I hope that you enjoyed this carrot ginger tofu soup recipe. You can find more Vitamix recipes here. If you haven’t already done yourself the favor and purchased a Vitamix blender, I encourage you to do so. Vitamix blenders make healthy cooking easier and faster and require minimal clean-up.